Sunday 31 August 2014

Old Tin of Castrolease Graphited Grease

When doing some work on the wheel bearings of my Golf GTI MK2 I needed some grease to apply. Unfortunately I didn't have any suitable at home and the shops were shut so I checked my father's garage and found this piece of history!
Old tin of Castrolease Graphited Grease
Old tin of Castrolease Graphited Grease

It was a tin of Castrolease Graphited Grease which looks like it was from the 1960s or possibly 1950s. The tin shows the Castrol logo and Castrol Limited, London on the front. The rear lists the Castrol greases available:

Castrolease PH
Castrolease Underwater Grease
Castrolease Brake Cable Grease
Castrolease Graphited Grease
Castrolease LM Grease

Old tin of Castrolease Graphited Grease
Old tin of Castrolease Graphited Grease

No comments:

Post a Comment