Monday 2 September 2019

VW Passat B6 TDI Volkswagen Connect Data Plug Compatibility

When collecting my father's new VW Golf I noticed that there was an advert playing in the dealership for a device called VW Connect that allows you to monitor various data sets about your Volkswagen car.
VW Passat B6 TDI Volkswagen Connect Data Plug Compatibility
VW Passat B6 TDI Volkswagen Connect Data Plug 

Checking online it appears to show that the 2008 Passat B6 2.0 TDI isn't supported from checking the model details but using the VIN code it shows it is despite the disclaimer that pre 2010 VIN codes are not supported.

Having got hold of a VW Connect data plug from my local VW dealer for free I tried the  data plug on my 2008 Passat 2.0 CR TDI it does work fine. I suspect that the later Common Rail diesel is different to the earlier PD diesel and may have different software that does work especially as it was also affected by the VW diesel emissions scandal.

So if you have a CR (Common Rail) VW Passat 2008 onwards it should be compatible with the Connect data plug. I can't confirm if the earlier PD diesel will work with it.

A video of the VW Connect is https://youtu.be/zexRU5PON6U

No comments:

Post a Comment